Monday 13 October 2014

Bedside cabinet upcycle

Here's a recent furniture upcycle project. I got the beside cabinet from my local Freegle group for £0. It was a dark brown veneered cabinet with a pull out formica shelf which really appealed to me as a place to put books and specs at night.

It is rather cute. The cupboard also had an interior shelf that just seemed a perfect fit for my bedroom tat. Time to break out the sandpaper. 
I had just spray painted a lovely chunky pine chest of drawers, but had gone through two cans of expensive paint so I decided to brush paint this with a similar cream colour. I used some nice quick drying water based B&Q paint I had in the shed.

Feeling inspired by this fantastic upcycle, I decided to paint the interior a powder blue which matched my bedroom walls, nearly, while the cream interior matched the other bedroom furniture.


This is a dutch knob. I bought it at the Waterlooplein flea market  while vintage shopping in Amsterdam. I got two and its mate lives on my purdonium :) 






The blue just seemed perfect and it looks great.



It's a nice home for my cute set of pink 1960's glassware. I'm glad my kids buy what I tell them to for my birthdays :D





1 comment: